Tempt my tummy Tuesday
It's my goal to show you all the yummy fall favorites that I have! One of my top for fall is the 30 minute Chili. Its really yummy and tastes even better when it's a day old and you re-heat it the next day for lunch. I always top my chili with Sour cream, chives & cheese. Hub's always puts hot sauce on it.
Try also making some corn bread or some really nice thick sliced Sour Dough.
Beer can 1 hour Chili.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 pounds ground beef stew or chuck meat
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 bottle (12 ounces)beer
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven or large (5-quart) heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, chili powder, chipotles (optional),cumin and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, until mixture has begun to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beef, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, beer, and beans. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a rapid simmer. Cook over medium heat until chili has thickened slightly and beans are tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.