Make several sandwich fillings and spread on the sandwich bread. You can trim off crusts if you prefer. Slice into triangles. Stick colorful toothpicks. Suggested sandwich fillings: (1) Egg Salad – Chop some boiled eggs and mix with mayonnaise and black pepper. (2) Chicken salad – chop barbecue or rotisserie chicken into small pieces, then add mayonnaise or salad dressing, and season with black pepper. (3) Tuna salad – mix drained tuna with chopped celery and mayonnaise or salad dressing. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well. Arrange the mini on a platter. Miniature sandwiches are great potluck ideas because most people like small serving sizes.
Snickers Apple Salad!!
- 6 full-sized Snickers candy bars, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 6 apples, cored & cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small container whipped topping
- 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding (do not prepare)
- Mix dry pudding into whipped topping thoroughly. Add Snicker and apple pieces to whipped topping/pudding mixture. Chill.
Grilled Chicken fruit Salad.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice.
- Meanwhile, place pecans in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pecans until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, onion, mustard, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates. Top with grilled chicken slices, strawberries, and pecans. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.