Monday, December 6, 2010

Meet me Monday is back..............



1. What Christmas song do you loathe?
I know I know, Picking a country song to top the list of terrible songs might seem unfair because they're such easy targets. However, this song is so dreadfully awful that it was actually once named the most depressing song ever. It tells the sad tale  of a little boy who is trying to buy a pair of shoes for his mother so she can look nice when she goes to meet Jesus after she dies "soon" serves no other purpose than to depress people. It gets even worse when it gets to the old, country cornball cliché: the children's chorus. The song was written over four years (FOUR YEARS!) and was based on a made-up, Internet-chain-mail story. The song was so touching, it seems, that it was made into a book, and, soon after, a made-for-tv movie starring Rob Lowe. What the poor little boy in the story doesn't realize is that once Jesus sees his mother in a cheap pair of shoes from Wal-Mart, the greatest symbol of corporate greed, he's going to send mommy straight to hell. Merry Christmas, little guy. I have to say that I am all about Christmas movies and yes I did and do like this movie the song is just a little much...kind makes me want to take my knitting needles and shove them in my ears until I can no longer hear anymore. :)



2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?

Many nights, we'll snuggle for a bit...then roll over to our respective sides of the bed..."Hubs" gets his 1 foot 2 inches on his side of the mattress and I get the rest. He is a hot box and make the bed feel like it has a heated mattress pad so being close to him isn't great for too long unless its a cold winter night. :) 



4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?
 
Well...never, really. I tend to keep picking up "a little something more" until I just plum run outta time and can't pick up anything more. I start in July or August thinking of things, if the perfect gift comes to me then I grab it. Adding here and there.... Every year, I have an idea of what I want to get.

And getting and getting and getting...then, we put it all together and I think, "Whoa!! Where did all this stuff come from?!" So, I'm really trying to reign it in this year...but, here's the thing... I LOVE TO GIVE!!! ( I love to get too but I am a control freak so that isn't as fun) I LOVE seeing the look on "Hub's" face when he opens his gifts. More often then night there is always a theme one year I did a Boston theme, then I did a camping theme.  This year i am doing a geek theme.  I hope he get's it! :) 

To answer your question I shop until Christmas eve or until the money runs out! 

 
 
5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be

 Oh, gosh...where do I begin!! I would love to have my dream house.  I would love for it to be on the ocean. Like Cannon Beach. San Fransico, San Diego,  Or in Colorado Springs there is a town that I can re-call the name of and its a beautiful place between the Spring and Denver and it would be a great place to live... but this would also fit in Kingston over looking the water on some of our old family land. Humm, yes that would be the perfect place for it. 


BUT wait that really isn't a ultimate luxury item, so I would love under my xmas tree and It would be a brand new Apple Lap TOP!!!!! I love my Mac and you know what they say, once you go MAC you wont go back.....
What would you like for me to share with you? Tell me what you want to know.....

No comments: